Sunday, July 4, 2010

Player Checklist

This time of year, we are looking to improve our individual development. Here is a great checklist for players:


ATTITUDE:

____ I am teachable

____ I learn by watching

____ I am enthusiastic

____ I am a good listener

____ I concentrate in practice

____ I am a hard worker

____ I set specific goals

____ I am developing my strength

____ I am team oriented

____ I encourage others

DEFENSE

____ I have a defensive attitude

____ I am aggressive

____ I work from a good defensive stance

____ I have my hands up and active

____ I pressure the ball when it is passed, dribbled or shot

____ I deny my man the ball.

____ I jump to the ball on the pass or dribble

____ I use a pistols stance when I am in help

____ I block out on every shot

____ I look to take charges.

____ I get to loose balls

OFFENSE

____ I move without the ball

____ I catch the ball with my feet in the air

____ I face the basket in triple threat

____ I work low and on balance

____ I dribble well with both hands

____ I use pass fakes and shot fakes

____ I know how to set and use good screens

____ I know and use the steps to the shooting progression

____ I know and use the steps to free throw shooting

____ I know my rebound responsibilities

No comments:

Post a Comment